What is an example of collapse?
Examples of collapse in a Sentence Verb The roof collapsed under a heavy load of snow. The chair he was sitting in collapsed
. He collapsed on stage during the performance and had to be rushed to the hospital. She came home from work and collapsed on the sofa.
What is the meaning of collapse in biology?
Ecological collapse refers to a situation where an ecosystem suffers a drastic, possibly permanent, reduction in carrying capacity for all organisms, often resulting in mass extinction
. Usually, an ecological collapse is precipitated by a disastrous event occurring on a short time scale.
What does collapse mean in business?
a sudden large decline of business
or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures) collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founderverb.
How do you use collapse in a sentence?
- [S] [T] Tom just collapsed. ( ...
- [S] [T] The bridge collapsed. ( ...
- [S] [T] It's going to collapse. ( ...
- [S] [T] Tom collapsed on the floor. ( ...
- [S] [T] The tower is going to collapse. ( ...
- [S] [T] Tom collapsed because of the heat. ( ...
- [S] [T] The country's economy is about to collapse. (
What causes a person to collapse?
A person collapses when their brain isn't getting enough oxygen
. When you're on the ground, it's easier for the heart to pump oxygen to the brain. You should always seek medical attention if you collapse — the sooner, the better.
What to do if a person collapses?
If someone else faints
- Position the person on his or her back. If there are no injuries and the person is breathing, raise the person's legs above heart level — about 12 inches (30 centimeters) — if possible. ...
- Check for breathing. If the person isn't breathing, begin CPR.
What is collapsing a symptom of?
This can happen due to problems with generalised weakness and frailty, a problem with the heart or brain, a seizure or an issue affecting the inner ear. Other, more serious, causes of collapse include: a heart attack
. a stroke
. a seizure
What can cause a person to collapse?
What causes a collapse?
- a heart attack.
- a stroke.
- a seizure.
- a major illness.
- an injury or accident, especially if there has been a blow to the chest or head.
- a drug overdose.
- alcohol poisoning.
Can you collapse from stress?
You may suffer from a simple fainting
spell due to anxiety, fear, pain, intense emotional stress, hunger, or use of alcohol or drugs. Most people who suffer from simple fainting have no underlying heart or neurological (nerve or brain) problem.
What wavered means?
intransitive verb. 1 : to vacillate irresolutely between choices
: fluctuate in opinion, allegiance, or direction. 2a : to weave or sway unsteadily to and fro : reel, totter. b : quiver, flicker wavering flames. c : to hesitate as if about to give way : falter.